Tuesday, October 28, 2008


Oh, how I love my new oven. Tonight we baked twenty plus dozen cookies for Halloween, and we did it half the time it used to take. Love it, love it love it. No more staying up till midnight baking the cookies.
Tomorrow is the Ward Fall Festival and Stew and I, with the help of a couple of friends will be making the fry bread. This is really kind of funny, cause everyone calls it Indian Fry Bread, but the recipe comes from my Norwiegen mother-in-law. Angie is bringing Abbie in her adorable lady bug costume. I will post pictures later.

Thursday we will be decorating the cookies. Megan promised to help since most of the cookies are for her friends at her job. Anyway, by the time Friday gets here I will be wiped out. All of this busyness (is that a word? makes sense to me) is a nice diversion from the liberal media and the election.
We filled out our ballots on Sunday, and they were mailed this morning. No waiting in line this year. Next week I will have either a really great birthday or a really depressing one. Either way I am going to Fuddruckers for dinner on Thursday.

2 comments:

Janquilts said...

So where's my cookie? Trick or Treat!
We always been taught the Constitution will hang by a thread-do you suppose this is the end of the spool?
Jan

Unknown said...

I have looked at both of my sister's blogs today and what do I find wonderful sweet treats that know one is willing to share with me. I think Jan said something about twisted sisters--you two fit the bill. Just leave me out in the frozen north to wish I could have some. Yes we are at the end of the spool and there is no needle in sight either. It got lost in the haystack of wicked self-serving politicians.