Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer over?

I realize that summer is not even to the halfway mark, but school starts next week. I still have projects to do, places to go and mornings to sleep in.

In June I went to Vernon to take care of Dad while Judy took a vacation. Spent the week planting flowers and taking care of the chickens (nearly killed one). My family came up the last weekend and we spent a nice weekend up on the mountain. I love it when it just my family up on the mountain.


Sweet Abbie enjoyed her time on the mountain.

In July, Stew and I went up for a weekend, just the two of us. Nice and peaceful. Warm the first day, but on Saturday it started raining and turned cold. We had to go into the trailer and turn on the propane lantern to keep warm, it was only 3:30 in the afternoon.


In case you can't make out the clock, it says 3:20pm, 57 degrees, Sat, July 18.

The next weekend I went to Long Beach with Jan and Judy to an International Quilt Show, lots of fun, but spent too much money.


This the at the end of an eight hour bus ride with 45 quilters. A long day, but a really fun trip. I'm ready for next year.

Last weekend we were back up to the mountain for a family reunion. I enjoy seeing and visiting with family, eating good food, playing games. I won a neat wall hanging that Patti made that shows all of the family brands. Lots of fun, but no rain, first time in many years that it did not rain during the reunion.

A view from my porch.

I love going to the ranch, the beautiful scenery, the cooling breezes and my wonderful porch.
My family is blessed to a part of the Naegle clan. To have aunts and uncles who said little, but taught by example is truly a blessing. I love to hear their stories.

This year there were only five of Casper and Helena's grandchildren there, but not to worry there are plenty of fourth, fifth, and more generations.

But my absolute favorite moment was taking a picture of a two headed dear.



In between trips I took care of Abbie, what a treat. She is learning new words every day, and she knows where the treats are (she takes Grandma there several times a day). She smothers Scamp with affection, and is always looking for "Cally". Her new word for Grandpa is "Popper", I think this one might stick. I will be going through withdrawal the first few weeks of school.

Abbie found her own special chair.

Except for the oral surgeries, it has been a great summer!

2 comments:

Janquilts said...

Great summer recap. It was fun. You're right about our heritage-less talk, more work.

Unknown said...

I think there was no rain at the reunion cause this was the first one that Mom wasn't there. Remember Grandpa Nicoll was always happy to see Mom up here because she brought the rain.